Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Nursery & Primary School
Grantham Road, Southport, PR8 4LT
Job Title: Class Teacher in our ASD Provision
Grade: Main Scale plus SEND Allowance
Hours & Duration: Permanent Full Time Position
The Governing Body wish to appoint an excellent teacher, who is dedicated and highly motivated to join our thriving school community. This post is based in our ASD Provision which has three bases with a maximum of 8 children in each base.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a committed Catholic or have an understanding and commitment to uphold the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice and have high expectations for all pupils.
- Have experience and expertise in teaching children with Autism or Special Educational Needs and have a willingness to undertake specific CPD to further develop teaching and assessment practices
- Have a thorough understanding of the curriculum and assessment procedures
- Have energy, initiative and enjoy creating a vibrant learning environment
- A sense of humour and a desire to work in a team.
You will be expected to be supportive of the Catholic ethos of our school.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd February 2023 – 4.00pm
Observations: Week Commencing 20th February 2023
Interviews: Week Commencing 27th February 2023
References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
Our Lady of Lourdes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of the work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful candidate must be able to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure (via the Disclosure & Barring Service DBS) in order to be appointed to the post.
The CES Application should be completed and returned to Suzannah Dykes, the School Business Manager at email@example.com.
Completed applications by email are acceptable.