Job Title: Recycling Centre Site Manager
Location: Hertsmere Potters Bar
Starting Salary: £25,538 (£12.27 per hour) progressing to a maximum of £29,025 (£13.95 per hour)
Hours: 40 per week - Weekend working is required
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Recycling Centre service team in Potters Bar, Herts, with our vision to increase recycling rates and divert waste from landfill.
- Act as the lead responsible operative on site, instructing and mentoring operatives.
- Responsible for the safe opening and closing of site.
- Manage all documentation for the site both paper form and computerised.
- Show and help service users put their waste in the correct areas as appropriate.
- Check permits for vans and trailers and check for certain types of waste.
- Ensure that the waste streams do not get mixed up.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
- Look for ways to improve customer service and recycling rates.
- Compaction of waste through use of JCB’s and compactors (training provided)
- Opportunity to be part of the staff engagement group.
- Manage and implement trails for new waste streams and improvements to the service.
We’ll need you to have a proven track record of delivering excellent customer service and be able to ensure work is carried out to a high standard. With highly developed interpersonal skills you will be confident in advising residents of how to dispose of their waste. Ability to remain calm under pressure, work safely and follow procedures
Maintaining a high level of service in all weather conditions
Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort.
Able to support and manage a team of operatives.
Be the first aider and fire marshal on site.
All training is provided including but not limited to First Aid, Fire Marshall, Manual Handling and Plant. Opportunity to progress within the team.
Closing Date: 20th February 2023
Interview Date: T.B.C
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Lorna.email@example.com
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.