This role is a maternity cover post for 12 months starting end of March 2023.
We are looking to appoint an experienced 0.8 part time teacher to teach Basic Skills across Years 1 and 2 each morning. Afternoon teaching will be directed accordingly.
The hours are 26 hours over 5 x days and will be split 3 x full days (Mon, Tues, Wed) and Thursday and Friday morning.
This is a warm and welcoming school, which was graded as Good by Ofsted in February 2022. We enjoy a wide range of events and celebrations to recognise our unique and diverse school. We are a team of supportive, positive and forward-thinking individuals who are always striving to improve the quality of both the education and the opportunities we are able to offer our pupils.
We want somebody who:
- Will develop a communication rich learning environment.
- Has passion and flair for teaching young children
- Has high academic expectations and can evidence children making accelerated progress
- Is an excellent teacher, maintaining high standards of professional conduct
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Is aware of, and has an up to date knowledge, of educational innovations and developments
- Is positive, enthusiastic and keen to progress
- Works effectively within a team
- This person must be enthusiastic and passionate about the development of children and their learning.
We can offer you:
- A vibrant and happy school which welcomes innovation and new ideas
- Positive, well behaved and happy children who want to learn
- An enthusiastic, friendly, dedicated & hard working staff team
- A supportive management team committed to improving standards
- A commitment to your on-going professional development in leadership and management.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This post is subject to Teachers Pension Scheme
Closing Date: 23:59 Sunday 29th January 2023
Lesson Observations: TBC
Visits to the school are encouraged, please call the number below to arrange an appointment with the Headteacher.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
We will not be accepting any hand delivered applications. Any queries should be directed to Mrs Lindsay McCarthy, School Business Manager. Tel: 0151 928 4274