Qualification: Business Administration Level 3
Contract Length: 18 months
Business Support Officers provide a professional, proactive, customer focussed business administration service to the organisation, enabling all Council services to meet their obligations and objectives. This includes ensuring access to the necessary office equipment required to carry out functions and a range of administrative tasks such as producing correspondence, supporting with meetings and events, minute taking and data entry.
The apprentice will need an interest in supporting Camden Council colleagues to carry out their roles effectively, as well as enthusiasm for administration tasks. You will have a positive attitude and ability to adapt to changes due to service needs.This opportunity will allow you to shadow others to gain an understanding of best practice. You will be expected to undertake in-house training and independent research to develop your skills in the role.
- Learn about business administrative and financial processes and ensure they are followed and completed according to established processes, divisional or corporate guidelines.
- Provide a professional, proactive, customer focussed business administration service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their obligations and Camden Plan objectives.
- Lead on a project to improve processes or operations. For the project to be successful you will need to provide evidence to show your skill in suggesting and implemented changes to improve the way certain tasks are carried out. (The specific project will be discussed after appointment. Full support and guidance will be provided)
- Provide good customer service to staff contacting Business Support to ensure that services have the necessary office equipment (stationey, IT kit etc.) and tools required to carry out their functions
- Undertake a range of general administrative duties as part of an established process, such as sorting post, scanning incoming post, filing documentation, booking meeting rooms and preparing meeting agendas.
- Learn how to take safeguarding minutes to be included on clients’ database files. Collate safeguarding reports data information to be presented to the Director.
- Learn how office records and filing systems work (electronic and manual) and ensure that records and files are maintained and kept up to date, scanning, filing and retrieving these as required.
- Enter and retrieve data on to systems according to approved processes and within agreed timescales and quality standards.
- When necessary, welcome visitors to the office and deal quickly and effectively with their requests and requirements (for example, ensuring that visitor badges have been issued).
- Be the first point of contact for people contacting the back office teams and services, handling calls and responding appropriately in line with corporate customer care standards.
- Share responsibility for organising events, e.g. arranging venues, setting up meeting rooms, ordering refreshments, and monitoring attendance.
- Learn to arrange, prepare and chair team meetings including the preparation of agendas and taking notes/minutes of the meeting. Develop minute taking skills to perform these tasks when appropriate.
- A strong commitment towards successfully completing the Level 3 apprenticeship in Business Administration.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office IT systems and software packages.
- Ability to follow instructions and to provide a customer focussed support service.
- Ability to work flexibly, meeting deadlines whilst understanding the needs, timescales and deadlines of others.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and being able to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with customers to resolve enquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of reliability and time keeping.
- Experience of working with customers or others.
- Experience of organising own workload in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- Experience of drafting and typing correspondence in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
Desirable criteriaNot specified
1. Be a Camden resident, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
2. Have the right to live and work in the UK
3. Have lived in the EU or UK for the last 3 years (except if you are an asylum seeker or refugee)
4. NOT already have an NVQ level 3 (or higher) in Business Administration or significant administrative work experience
Important note - role may close early if we get enough suitable applications, those interested in the role are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Camden care leavers and people with learning difficulties or disabilities will be prioritised for final interviews provided they meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as inclusive as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition and finding out if part time work options are available. If this affects you, please contact us to discuss at email@example.com