Maternity cover - 9 - 12 months (up to 18.5 hrs per week)
Closing Date: Sunday 29th January 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Wednesday 8th February 2023
Winchester City Council is seeking to recruit an Environmental Health Technician.
The post holder will be expected to carry out noise and other nuisance investigations, rodent investigations, private water supplies, public health issues and festival work. The post holder will be expected to manage their own case work, including instigating enforcement action, where appropriate. The post holder will need to be flexible and willing to carry out other duties for the wider Public Protection team as required as well as carry out some out of hours work. Experience /training/qualifications in this area of work are desirable, although training will be provided where necessary.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and customer care skills.
In return, we offer an excellent package of benefits including:
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Competitive annual leave per year
- Flexible working arrangements
- 13 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements)
- Option to buy up to 5 days additional annual leave
- Free parking
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted membership at the two leisure centres in the district
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Employee retail and shopping discounts
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
For an informal discussion please contact Abigail Toms, Environmental Protection Manager on 01962 848598 (firstname.lastname@example.org)