*This job may be suitable as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates wishing to gain experience in a higher or different role. Managers and applicants must note that all secondments are subject to agreement between the relevant departments and therefore the recruiting manager must speak with HR before offering a job on a secondment basis.*
Leisure Services are looking to recruit Creche Assistants. The successful candidate will work as a member of the crèche team to provide a high quality integrated play and learning opportunity in a safe and secure environment to children 0 - 5 years.
Key tasks will include
1. Work under instruction of the Creche Supervisor
2. Meet and greet parents/guardians ensuring details are obtained of their child's needs for the session.
3. Check registration forms are up to date
4. To be aware of Ofsted standards within the relevant childcare settings.
5. To be sensitive to individual children's needs, including caring for their intimate needs and support them appropriately.
6. Participate in regular fire drills
7. Fill in accident/incident forms when required.
3 temporary posts until 31/05/2023
1 x 7 hours per week
2 x 12 hours per week
It is Council policy not to re-appoint any employee who has left under the terms of the Council's Early Voluntary Retirement (EVR) scheme or who have left with a voluntary severance (VS) package, unless in exceptional circumstances.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
Applications can only be accepted through the Jobs page following registration. Forms received via the post will not be processed.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK. Details of required documents can be found by clicking the link at the bottom of the Jobs page.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.