We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Professional with a proven track record of delivering change within Compensation and Benefits on an 18-month fixed term contract.
To support the Council’s agenda for change, your focus whilst you are with us, will be to lead the evaluation of our current Pay and Grading structure as well as other benefits to determine whether they are fit for purpose.
We recognise the importance of ensuring our reward strategy remains aligned to our vision and also in ensuring that we are responsive to economic, political, regulatory, and technological changes.
You will work closely with stakeholders at all levels (particularly managers) and will oversee and guide the HR Team who will implement any recommended changes.
As our trusted HR Change Manager, you will provide advice to the Council’s Leadership Team and regularly present your findings and milestone progress to the Management Board.
Who would suit this role?
This role will be perfect for you if you:
- are a highly motivated HR expert with either HR consultancy, senior business partnering or change management experience
- are passionate about working collaboratively with stakeholders and other HR colleagues (including leadership) to successfully deliver tangible outcomes
- have a proven track record of building strong relationships and are a trusted expert when giving HR advice in compensation and benefits
- are qualified at CIPD level 5 and above or hold some other relevant HR qualification for a senior HR position
- have strong project management skills and experience of creating and owning clear and comprehensive project plans that meet set deadlines
- have proven experience of delivering successful change initiatives and working to set budgets
- are ready to take on a new and exciting challenge
Please note that although experience in the public sector (particularly within local government) can be advantageous, it is not necessary.
In return we offer you:
Financial: An attractive basic salary within a clear pay structure with the opportunity to influence your own annual salary increase based on your contribution to the role and organisation.
Holiday Entitlement: 26 days annual leave plus an additional day in December and bank holidays.
Employee Assistance Programme: The Council has partnered with Health Assured to provide staff with access to EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) to assist in balancing everyday life with the requirement of work and home.
Pensions: Membership of the Local Government (CARE – Career Average (Revalued Earnings) Pension Scheme).
Flexibility: The Council operates a hybrid working model with opportunities to work from home and in an office environment, and a flexible working policy subject to the business needs being met.
Personal Development: Invaluable training opportunities for continuing professional development.
Take a look here at all the additional benefits that we offer.
To find out more take a look at the Job Description and Person Specification below. For an informal discussion about this post, you can contact Nicky Carter, Head of HR, Customer Service & Culture, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our competency framework describes what's expected from our employees in terms of attitudes and behaviors. To view our core competencies, click here
To stay up to date with our latest vacancies and what it’s like to work here you can follow us on twitter @TWBC_Jobs and LinkedIn @TWellsCouncil
Interview date: Weeks commencing 6 February and 13 February 2023