This is an exciting opportunity within Public Health service, supporting a variety of functions relating to improving health outcomes across the local population. The department spends approximately £36m annually on services from public, private and third sector organisations, and we need to ensure that suppliers are delivering safe and effective services.
The Public Health team wants a highly motivated Quality Assurance Manager to work with the Commissioning and Contracts Team to provide assurance that our suppliers and providers are delivering high quality and safe services. The role will support the procurement and monitoring of various services contracts across the full range of public health portfolios including children and young people, adult health improvement, mental health, sexual health, substance misuse, primary care and health protection.
Challenges and Opportunities:
You will lead on ensuring that that all of our contracted services are monitored against a suite of quality indicators, and support the development and implementation of service visits, inspections and audits, reporting into departmental leads and system partners.
You’ll advise on the quality and safety in design of services delivery plans, and contribute to the evaluation of tenders
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our contracted services have arrangements in place to safeguard and protect children and young people, and adults at risk of abuse, and develop assurance assessments, and you’ll ensure that the department has appropriate safeguarding arrangements in place.
You’ll develop systems for receiving reports of incidents from our contracted services, and ensure that incidents are appropriately investigated so that lessons learned are embedded in practice and policy.
• Experience of frameworks, policies and procedures relating to quality assurance, self-assessment and auditing, and using these to drive service-wide improvement
• Experience of safeguarding and incident reporting investigations using known approaches and frameworks such as Root Cause Analysis and other emerging frameworks
• Understand business continuity arrangements, policies and plans
• Strong negotiator with proven ability in analysing, challenging and leading changes in existing policy and practice, using research and analytical skills to develop ideas and recommendations
• Experience in building and maintaining positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues, other departments, and organisations, building trust and confidence with providers
• Experience of busy roles, working on a variety of different tasks at any one time and be able to prioritise your work, delivering to a high standard within deadlines
• Highly motivated, able to use your initiative with a can-do attitude, flexibility and adaptability to resolve issues and problems
• Act with sensitivity, persuasiveness, and assertiveness to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences to present and explain complex issues in simple terms
• Aware of and sensitive towards diversity and inclusion issues
• A proficient user of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook and be confident in learning to use new IT systems and equipment quickly and easily
• Able to take on supervisory, line management and budget management responsibilities if required
If you’re interested in ensuring the delivery of quality, safe and high performing services, and you’ve got a background in commissioning, contract management, or quality and safety monitoring, service development or project management particularly within local Authorities, the NHS or other public sector organisations, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Closing Date: 31/01/2023