Are you a tax professional and looking for a new challenge? Would you like to walk on the beach, the hills or see wildlife on your lunch break? If so, come and join our small friendly team of experienced tax professionals in the Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands Government is seeking to recruit a Corporate Tax Officer who will join the team in the Falklands initially on a fixed term contract of up to 4 years. You will be one of two Corporate Tax Officers responsible for assessing and collecting corporate tax receipts.
Along with other members of the Corporation Tax Team, you will be responsible for:
- Applying the Taxes legislation
- Compliance checks and collecting revenue
- Developing and updating tax policies
- Leading on legislative changes.
You will have a proven track record of working in Tax, ideally Corporation Tax. You will have at least one of the following qualifications:
- HMRC Tax Professional Development Programme (now Tax Specialist Programme)
- a Chartered Tax Advisor
- a professional accountancy qualification or equivalent.
You must be adaptable, a team player, and able to maintain confidentiality. A sense of adventure is also an advantage as the Falkland Islands offers lots to explore outside of work.
- Fixed Term Contract, up to 4 year. Secondments will be considered.
- Salary: Grade B, starting from £43,646 up to £59,034 (depending on qualifications and experience).
- Market Supplement this role may attract a market supplement of £8,323.00 per annum and will be subject to an annual review.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 days annual leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave)
- Relocation allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract
- Government housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and view further information from our online vacancy page.
For further information regarding the position please contact Rebecca Rees, Head of Corporation Tax, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning: +500 28476.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to email@example.com before the closing date.
Timetable for Recruitment and Selection Process
Closing Date for Applications - 5 March 2023 @ Midnight
Shortlisting commencing - w/c 6 March 2023
Interviews commencing - w/c 13 March 2023
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8,000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore. For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.