The main purpose of this role is to provide general administrative support across all functions within the Property Services team. The service is looking to develop someone with a view to them eventually becoming part of the Property Services team.
A Medway Council Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gathering invaluable workplace skills and experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Repairs, Planned, Voids and Compliance Apprentice to join the Property Services team within the HRA Housing Service. This is a great chance to gain the Business Administrator Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3.
Property Services manage all property related functions for the circa 3000 homes owned by Medway Council. The Property Services division within the HRA oversee and deliver the following;
- Planned works
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support to the Property Services team.
- To book inspections and visits for the Property Services team.
- To complete satisfaction surveys and record results for Property Services programme of works.
- To undertake disrepair calls, log and administer any resulting actions.
- To assist with the asset management year end shut down process.
- To assist with updating the HRA compliance tracker.
- To assist with the planned works programme updating & scheduling all workstreams with completed works.
- To attend Property Services client-side meetings and take minutes as and when required.
- To assist the Property Services team with tenant communication as and when required.
For Level 3 Apprentice’s - The Business Administrator Apprenticeship is a two year programme incorporating real work experience and learning, to gain the knowledge and development of skills and behaviours to successfully complete the programme. This apprenticeship involves approximately 18 months on the job development, followed by an end point assessment consisting of a knowledge test, a presentation on the project completed; and a discussion on the portfolio of learning and development produced during the apprenticeship. A grading of either Pass or Distinction is achievable.
Ideally you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience.
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager Adam Spokes on 07581 184234.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.