Job Title: Deputy Team Manager
Location: Onsite role at Barnet hospital
Starting Salary: £48,923 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £54,145 plus £1,000 welcome payment
Hours: 37 per week
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you want to join a thriving, enthusiastic and creative team? Come and join us!
Are you looking to lead and motivate a team (which may be qualified or non-qualified care staff) to deliver excellent services?
Barnet Hospital Team are looking for a Deputy Team Manager to join us to support Hertfordshire Adult Care Services – Hospital Social Work Team.
You will use personal experience to identify and make recommendations on improvements to ways of working, processes and procedures that will enhance service efficiency and effectiveness.
Key responsibilities of the Deputy Team Manager post include:
- Establishing day-to-day practice of the Team, ensuring compliance to relevant policies and procedures and an effective performance management approach.
- Managing the practice and performance of the team to ensure the timely and effective completion of discharges and reviews.
- To inspire, lead, manage and nurture a team of professionals (Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, and Community Care Officers) that can operate innovatively and creatively to meet the needs of Hertfordshire citizens.
- Building positive relationships with key partners delivering.
- Effective management of resources and budgets and assurance of quality.
Act as the Deputy lead manager in complex / high profile safeguarding and or serious concerns processes
At a fast pace you will, operationalise plans and deploy resources to meet clearly articulated objectives, whilst using ability to shape and tailor your approach to deliver quality and safe services. You will be responsible for working alongside Health and Social Care partners, discharging Hertfordshire citizens safely and quickly from Acute Hospital.
With a professional qualification in Social Work, Registered Nurse, or Occupational Therapy, you will manage a team of Social Workers, Community Care Officers, and Support Officers to ensure the teams roles and responsibilities are undertaken effectively and efficiently on a day-to-day basis.
You will have extensive knowledge and experience in the field of Adult Social Care, with an emphasis on safeguarding practice and related legislation. You will have the ability to manage competing service priorities and a sound grasp of current legislation, personalisation agenda and meeting the business objectives of the department. Demonstrating management potential, you will have excellent all-round communication and negotiation skills in leading an experienced staff team and in working with the Statutory, Voluntary, and independent sector partners.
If you are adaptable, up for a challenge and keen to test yourself in a fast moving and pressurized environment, then this could be the role for you.
Closing Date: 31st January
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Vanessa Hill 01438 844 914