Are you excited by the chance to work in local government and passionate about ensuring that people have warm, safe, healthy homes to live in across all tenures throughout our District?
Your knowledge, enthusiasm and hard work will be rewarded by working as part of a busy team in a hybrid way (working from our office in Fleet and at a home) and in a pattern that suits your work life balance. Other benefits also include a great pension scheme, discounted leisure membership, access to our Cycle scheme, free eye tests, flexi time, and free parking at our offices.
The Hart district is a great place to work and live having regularly come in the Top 10 of the Halifax Quality of Life survey.
You would be working as part of the Private Sector Housing Team which sits within the Community directorate alongside colleagues from Housing, Health & Wellbeing, Community Safety, Countryside and Parking.
Key activities will include:
- Ensuring housing standards and investigating complaints relating to the Housing Health & Safety Rating System
- Ensuring private landlords are complying with regulations around gas safety, electrical safety and energy efficiency standards
- Administering Disabled Facilities Grants and other grants available to enable people to continue living safely and independently in their own homes
- Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO’s)
- Licensing of mobile home sites
If you would like to know more, please contact Dan Fallbrook, Private Sector Housing Manager, for an informal chat – email@example.com.
Interviews: W/B 6th February 2023