Our community transport service is a lifeline for many in our community. Imagine being in your home, unable to use public transport but desperate to still be part of the community, to attend classes and to attend medical appointments. This is where our community transport system supports our residents.
Our fleet of accessible vehicles is available to older residents with a mobility impairment and children and young adults with special needs. You have probably seen the buses around Elmbridge!
With the right qualifications, driving experience and aptitude, we very much look forward to welcoming you to be part of the team as a casual community transport driver!
- You will have a full clean D1 current driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ideally, you will have had experience of driving minibuses and working within a passenger transport service setting.
- You will have a smile, have the caring attitude and the commitment to customer care that will ensure you make a welcome difference to each customers day.
- You will have organisational and good communication skills and willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Dementia Services
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- Of course, you will be generally out-and-about around the borough (and part of Mole Valley), you will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
- This role is a for a casual driver, which means hours will change on a week-to-week basis and you may also be asked to provide sickness or holiday cover.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call myself Lizzie Pain (Transport Manager) on 01372 474529
What are you waiting for?
Closing Date: 30th January 2023
Interview held week commencing the 6th of February 2023