About the Sustainable Growth & Opportunities Directorate (SGO)
SGO as a Directorate of Lambeth Council, is at the heart of driving positive change for our residents and businesses in Lambeth; whether that’s creating new homes, new work or creative spaces, employment opportunities, or tackling the climate emergency.
SGO is made up of three divisions, including Economy, Culture and Skills (ECS); Planning, Transport & Sustainability (PTS); and the Regeneration Growth & Housing (RGH) divisions.
Sitting within the ECS division, the Operations & Innovation (O&I) is the newly formed City Infrastructure team, with a focus on ensuring that the right infrastructure is delivered to support growth in the borough and on monitoring non-financial planning obligations. This is one of four teams in this area.
We are looking for an infrastructure/planning obligations professional to join our newly formed City Infrastructure Team. You will work across a multi-disciplinary area and have a varied workload relating to monitoring and discharging of non-financial planning obligations as well as processing financial transactions. You will be also involved in project work which could range from analysing data and gathering intelligence on key business delivery functions to working on one-off projects as required by the wider Operations & Innovation team’s remit.
The range of responsibilities and tasks varies depending on the grade – please refer to the Job and Person Specification for further details. To join at the highest grade, you will either have a relevant degree and/or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of town planning and an understanding of the role of S106 Agreements in securing affordable housing, affordable workspace, public realm and other planning obligations
- Good aptitude for digesting legislative requirements around a range of subjects such as planning, health and safety, data protection, the Equalities Act, and public procurement law
- Experience of developing systems and processes that are simple and easy to use
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to research complex subjects with the skill to present findings in a simple and easy to read format
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience of dealing with the general public in a pragmatic, professional and friendly manner – with the ability to diffuse difficult scenarios
- Excellent communications skills: you are positive and able to engage others both above and below you with a naturally tolerant, pragmatic manner
- Strong engagement skills: you build trust with others and develop positive, collaborative working relationships with other stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Collaborative: You are unafraid to learn from and share learnings in a relaxed manner
- Open to change: are adaptable, curious, with a flexible, positive attitude that isn’t afraid to try new things
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and 35h working week
- 26 days holiday entitlement (rising to 34) with the opportunity to work flexibly to gain up to 2 flexi days per month
- Hybrid working (currently up to 3 days/week working from home)
- Professional learning and development
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- The opportunity to be part of an evolving service and opportunities to input into exciting innovative projects
For an informal chat or further information on the role please contact Magda Kotyza, MKotyza@lamebeth.gov.uk, T. 020 7926 1270.
Click the 'Apply Online' button below and complete an online application form.
Interviews and short tests to be held shortly thereafter.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safer recruitment.
Please note we operate an anonymised application process. If you are uploading your CV or a personal statement, please remove your personal details and replace these with your unique candidate application number.
We are a Stonewall diversity champion; a Living Wage Employer and we guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria of the role. Please click here for a full list of our accreditations.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided and complete the online application form.