Hillingdon is London's second largest borough, with fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines all local to us, so you can travel to work with ease and boasting over 20 square miles of scenic countryside, consisting of canals, rivers, parks and woodland. We're also home to some of the world's most renowned brands such as Coca-Cola and United Biscuits.
With an ambitious strategy we pride ourselves on delivering services that improves the lives of all our residents, businesses and partners. Embarking on our journey of continuous improvement, we've set an agenda to ensure the provision of; safer communities, a thriving local economy, a greener more sustainable environment, whilst increasing our digital capabilities throughout the Borough.
Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do! We want talented individuals like you to share our aspirations for the borough, supporting us to deliver exceptional services for Hillingdon.
What does a Apprentice Administrator do at Hillingdon Council?
Please note: This is a fixed term contract for up to 18 months.
As part of our newly established recruitment team, the Apprentice Administrator supports the department working closely with hiring managers and candidates to provide a seamless recruitment administration service.
Working in a fast-paced environment the role takes responsibility for a variety of tasks associated with the recruitment process; from advert posting and conducting pre-employment checks, to checking and filing documents.
Key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
· Assist with employment checks, uploading information to specialist portals
· Respond to queries and escalate issues and messages as required
· Ensure candidate files completed and filed in accordance with recruitment practice
· Build effective relationships with candidates to maximise engagement
· Deliver a positive candidate and hiring experience
· Learn from best practice, lead by example in the development of a customer focused team
· Deliver an excellent administration support service, reacting to peaks and troughs
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the operational workflow processes
You will work flexibly across the Service, learning on the job. You will be exposed to internal and external stakeholders, whilst gaining an in-depth knowledge of the HR Service.
You'll have experience of working within a recruitment or HR team, with the ability to manage, organise, and prioritise workloads effectively.
This is not a role for the faint of heart, the recruitment team carry significant responsibility in ensuring roles are filled in a timely and cost-effective manner with the best possible candidates. You must be used to a fast-paced environment and be comfortable dealing with candidates at all levels.
Key skills/ experience to evidence within your application include (but are not limited to):
· Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
· Solid skills across MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Willingness to learn new approaches
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Knowledge of recruitment best practices
The successful appointee will work towards achieving a Business Administrator Standard Level 3 apprenticeship.
The candidate must hold a GCSE/Level 2 Maths and English (Grade C or equivalent), qualifications.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Please ensure you thoroughly read the attached Job Profile and Person Specification prior to submitting your application.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.