Earn up to £57,834 in your first year as a social worker in Brent.
We are looking for skilled Social Workers to join our Looked After Children teams.
Salary range: £37,038 - £45,834 p.a.
- New staff will also receive, a £7500 ‘golden hello’, upon completion of their probationary period and a £4500 annual retention payment.
Hours of work: 36 hours per week
Location: Brent Civic Centre
- Flexible working arrangements are in place and staff are only required to be office based for one day per week (unless covering duty).
- Eligibility: These are London based roles. You must have UK residency and the right to work here.
Come and Grow your Social Work Career in Brent.
We are an Ofsted rated “Good” authority with “Outstanding” grading for the service we provide children in care and care leavers.
With our excellent rewards package and flexible working arrangements you will enjoy a friendly and supportive work environment that enables you to enjoy a positive work / life balance. Thanks to our reasonable caseloads and excellent training opportunities you will be encouraged to develop your skills and grow your career here in Brent.
If you are an experienced social worker with a passion and commitment for working with children and young people in care we would love to hear from you. We are a dynamic and innovative service that is aspirational for our care experienced children and young people. Our ambitious career development scheme, well-established practice framework and a number of tailored training programmes are all designed to support your professional growth. Our team structures, manageable caseloads and support from practice consultants and managers will ensure that you have everything you need to deliver reflective and relationship-based practice that benefits our children and young people.
Our social work teams are supported by a fully permanent senior management team who are also committed to providing excellent Corporate Parenting services for our children in care.
Brent is a great place to work.
The borough is one of the most culturally diverse in Europe and has great transport links as well as the iconic Wembley stadium. We are part of the impressive regeneration of the Wembley Park site and have benefitted from the legacy of being the 2020 London Borough of Culture. Brent is a borough on the up!
- Provide an excellent social work service that enables our children and young people to fulfil their potential and achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensure that the voice of the child is always heard and that the views of our young people are at the heart of all of our case planning.
- Create genuine partnerships with parents and carers.
- Work in partnership with other agencies to provide effective and well-coordinated plans for our children.
Our benefits package for staff is one of the most generous in London. We offer:
- For new workers and managers in our Looked After Children teams a £7500 ‘golden hello’.
- Retention payments of £4500 per year for staff in these teams.
- Manageable caseloads within a small team model, supported by social work practice consultants.
- A practice framework that informs and supports your professional growth.
- Minimum of 10 days of training per year. Our learning opportunities are designed to enhance direct social work practice using the Signs of Safety model.
- A career progression policy that maps out how you will grow your career in Brent – from ASYE to Team Manager and beyond.
- Some of the best supportive technology amongst London local authorities – through the use of; iPhones and lightweight laptops, video-conferencing enabled meeting rooms, high quality automated services, and much more.
- A modern and vibrant work environment within Wembley Park or our brand new purpose-built office space at Willesden Library. Both sites are close to tube links.
- A culture of flexible working, including working from home, which encourages a positive work / life balance. Home working kits include desks, chairs, wireless keyboards, mouse etc. and when required supported by additional technology and other resources such as Zipcars.
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- A host of other rewards and benefits such as a childcare deposit loan scheme, reduced cost gym membership, cycle to work scheme plus many more.
We look forward to receiving your application.