Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 17th April 2023 (ideally) or September 2023
Downs Junior is a very popular four form entry community school that serves a diverse group of brilliant pupils and our extended community. We are seeking to appoint a strong and effective leader who will assist in ensuring our pupils continue to receive an ‘outstanding’ educational experience.
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- have the best outcomes for our pupils at heart, with specific responsibility for Safeguarding
- have a clear understanding of what constitutes high quality Teaching and Learning, with a proven track record of success in classroom practice
- be responsible for Curriculum Development
- be a successful leader, with a commitment to supporting our caring and talented staff, through an effective CPD programme
- be a true team player, and work alongside the head teacher, the SLT and the governors, in making key strategic decisions that will best serve our supportive community.
If successful, you would be working
- with a fantastic group of children who continue to develop their own love of learning
- with a talented group of hard-working and dedicated staff (but who also know how to enjoy themselves!)
- with supportive governors, who care about the school
- in a stimulating, attractive and safe learning environment in a well maintained Victorian Grade 2 listed building
- in an inclusive environment where all are respected and challenged to achieve, with a CPD programme that will lead to the next stage of your successful career.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school prior to the 26th January 2023. To arrange a visit, please contact Jacqui Rice, email email@example.com, tel: 01273 558422
For online applications or to download a pack go to: www.jobs.brighton-hove.gov.uk, or contact
Jacqui Rice, School Business Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms to be returned to the school by, 9am, Thursday 26th January 2023.
Shortlisting and notification of successful candidates Monday 30th January 2023.
Interviews will be held week beginning Monday 6th February 2023.
CVs will not be accepted.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.