Hours of work: 32.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time (working for 52 weeks per year)
Closing date: Wednesday 1 February 2023
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact: Meridian Community Primary School & Nursery, Roderick Avenue North, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 8BZ
Phone: 01273 584212
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Required April 2023
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated school leader who can work with the Leadership Team as an Assistant Headteacher (SEND, DSL and attendance) to bring our vision of high quality education for all children to life. This is a non-class based position.
The ideal candidate will:
• Demonstrate excellent leadership, organisational and management ability
• Have a commitment and ambition for school improvement
• Have a passion for ensuring excellent outcomes for all children with SEND, working in partnership with children, families and the staff team
• Be an outstanding and inclusive practitioner with high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic and positive children who are proud of their school and are eager to learn
• A commitment to your ongoing professional development
• Friendly and supportive staff team and governors
• A dedicated leadership team who want the best for the children
Interviews: Wednesday 8 February
Visits are strongly encouraged. For more information and to arrange a visit please contact the School Office 01273 584212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.