An exciting opportunity has become available to enhance our Business Intelligence (BI) technical capabilities by identifying and implementing cutting edge tools and processes to continue to provide first class BI solutions for our organisation and key partners. We are already on that journey, with a large and growing BI data warehouse and a range of innovative outputs including a National award-winning Power BI Vulnerability Index, but we want to do more and realise the benefits from data to inform and direct services through insight and intelligence.
We are recruiting a Fixed Term (18 months) Senior Business Intelligence Technical Officer, with the potential to extend.
The role will help power the ‘data engine room’ for the council. Technically skilled and adept, you will develop innovative solutions to present data back as information and intelligence to a wide-ranging audience. The team work to follow Agile and Scrum principles. The role has similar characteristics to a BI Developer or a BI Technical Specialist.
Examples of the work you may be doing are:
· Extract data from multiple systems to our Corporate Data Warehouse to create a vulnerability Model
· Support building the single view of a customer and household to aid early intervention initiatives
· Write an SQL query that joins multiple system tables together to create an Adults Social Care data model
· Using FME to create complex data flows – both spatial and non-spatial
· Use Python to generate PDF maps at the touch of a button
· Use Microsoft Power Query to extract, transform and load data into an Excel data model.
· Visualise data using Power BI to demonstrate the effectiveness of our ASB interventions
· Use API’s to pull data from the web to join with local sources of information
· Researching the use of data mining, machine learning and predictive analytics.
· Integrate spatial data to enrich the intelligence to allow targeted intervention by locality
You must be willing to adapt and work independently but still be a critical part of the team and work closely with your colleagues to ensure our outputs support innovation and transformation.
You will need a relevant level 6 qualification or equivalent to apply for this role.
An interview will take place in February with a start date as soon as possible after that.
Please call for an informal chat if you would like to discuss any details of the role/essential criteria.
Shape a better future with us
We’re thrilled to have achieved Investors in People (IIP) Gold status for how we lead, support and develop people. Now we’d like you to be part of our success and help us take change further. Join us on our journey to a brighter future. By working together, with each other and with our communities, we can take pride in improving lives. Let’s make a better Barnsley for everyone.
A lot to look forward to
Here at Barnsley, we live and work by four important values: honesty, teamwork, excellent service, and taking pride in what we do. As part of our team, you can be sure we’ll do all we can to support you in being truly excellent. You see, we prioritise learning and enabling you to achieve your potential. So we’ve created a development process that lets you grow in the way that suits you - whether that’s training to be a leader, or learning flexibly online. That’s one of the reasons why we achieved IIP Gold, and why you’ll find your career here inspiring and rewarding.