Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Hillingdon is London's second-largest borough. Our staff live across Hillingdon and beyond, with our main council offices at the Civic Centre in the heart of the vibrant Uxbridge town centre. Putting our residents first is at the heart of everything we do, and we are embarking on an ambitious plan to modernise our service offering while sustaining high-quality delivery.
We are now recruiting for an ICT Business Analyst reporting to the Business Design Manager to join our specialist Business Design Team. The post holder will play a pivotal role in supporting Hillingdon Council as we strive to deliver our core functions and achieve positive outcomes via a collaborative network. Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents.
Our borough offers fantastic transport links with the A40, M25, Metropolitan, Elizabeth, and Piccadilly lines, all local to us, so you can easily travel to work, with free parking within our own car park. We also offer hybrid working arrangements, balancing time between the office and home.
About the role
As a skilled ICT Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the methodical investigation, analysis and review of, processes, procedures and associated technologies within the council.
This will involve managing relationships with the business, other Teams in ICT, Senior Management, and suppliers to deliver the priority needs of the Council.
Your work will contribute to the delivery of Digital Service Plans and the wider strategic aims of the Council.
You will be required to make decisions on behalf of ICT about the projects you are responsible for and look to digitise and streamline processes wherever possible.
As an ICT Business Analyst, you will have:
- Experience as a Business Analyst working within an ICT environment;
- Significant technical understanding of Business Analysis frameworks, business processes management, business requirements and UAT methodologies;
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work;
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow directions;
- Proficiency in ICT Project Management methodologies;
- Experience of working in a software/solutions implementation environment;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and the message to be delivered.
Within your application answer, you must answer the following questions:
1) What methods would you employ to carry out your requirements elicitation?
2) Please provide a brief overview of the last project you worked on as a Business Analyst?
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Due to an expected high volume of applications, we could close this role early, we therefore recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.