Starting salary: £36,984
Job Level: Level 3, Zone 2
Work Location: 5 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG
Hours per week: 36
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Sunday 22 January 2023, 23:59
Interviews to be held: TBC
Alternative flexible working options available / open to discussion
Anonymised Application – in keeping with Camden’s commitment to inclusion the recruitment to this role is anonymised and supports the objective of reducing the impact of unconscious bias.
Camden is building somewhere everyone can thrive, by making our borough the best place to live, work, study, and visit. Because we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. As a Data Centre Engineer you will form part of a team of collaborators and knowledge sharers working in an agile, fast-paced environment.
We are currently looking to fill an exciting role within our Digital and Data Services (DDS) department team, as a Data Centre Engineer. The role of the Data Centre Engineer is to provide support of the day-to-day Data Centre and Cloud services operation using best practices and standards; to support the planning, design, and implementation of strategic plans and, to ensure Data Centre and Cloud capacity meets the Council’s existing and future requirements.
The successful candidate will also support Cloud Engineers with Data Centre and Cloud operations.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Work in tandem with our DDS team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based/on-premises solutions for London Borough of Camden
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application/infrastructure performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and will require an Enhanced DBS.
Camden is on a journey to transform our digital experiences using cloud technology. You will have working understanding of managing complex multi-site network, based on IP-VPN and SD-WAN, as well as, migrating services to a cloud environment - preferably Microsoft Azure.
You will be an experienced problem solver who can work on your initiative and with others to identify creative and innovative solutions. You will also be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work and have excellent organisational skills to manage a complex and varied workload. You will be supporting DDS to raise the profile of IT within the business by building relationships with customers and colleagues.
Our Data Centre Engineer work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are critical for this role. We expect working knowledge in one or two areas and baseline skills and knowledge across a wide range of IT technologies.
You will be working towards relevant professional certifications whilst gaining experience demonstrating your capabilities.
Core skills include:
- Proficient in understanding the principles and application of cloud/ virtualisation (including ownership, responsibilities, and security implications) and the use of tools and systems to manage virtualised environments Examples, but not limited to: Server/desktop virtualisation and SDDC (Software Defined Data Centre)
- Understanding of design/deployment/management of Active directory Services
- Understanding of infrastructure architecture, the frameworks and principles on which networks, systems, equipment, and resources are based both on premises and cloud based
- Understanding of corporate, industry and professional standards, policies, regulations, compliance, and codes of conduct associated with the role
- Knowledge and experience of relevant Operating Systems/Firmware covering the following platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux
- Knowledge of Office 365, including MS Security and compliance Centre, SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange Online and Teams
- Knowledge of Exchange 2016> and Exchange Online
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud and AWS - API Integration, Enterprise Application Management, AADC, ADFS, Subscription management, Cost Analysis, Automation
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels
- Keeping abreast of modern technology and proposing appropriate technical solutions to business problems.
Desirable skills include: