About the school
St William of York is a Catholic Primary School and Nursery proud to serve our local community. We welcome children of all backgrounds and are very proud of our diverse and multicultural identity. We work together closely with our children's families to achieve the best for each child. St William of York is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and safer recruitment checks.
About the Role
The Governors of St William of York are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 2 asap to work on 1:1 basis with a child in Year 1 in order to support their academic progress and personal development. The role may also suit a newly qualified teacher who needs school experience or someone who is looking for a school based career.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
- Has experience of working within a mainstream setting supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
- Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Genuine in their desire to work with children
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with a sense of humour
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work within a team
- Able to set high expectations for themselves and children
The person should have a recognised teaching assistant qualification or teaching degree and be someone who is keen to work in an educational setting and has previous school based experience.
The post is fixed term on an annual basis as it is subject to SEN High Needs funding for specific children. The hours of work are 8.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday with half an hour for lunch, Term Time only (44 weeks).