Job Title: Commissioning Manager
Starting Salary: £43,516 with the opportunity to progress to a maximum of £48,587 (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 37 per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commissioning Manager to join the Integrated Health and Care Commissioning Team specifically working on behalf of Hertfordshire County council and the Integrated Care Board to improve Health outcomes for the adult population of autistic individuals and people with learning disabilities.
This specific role is based within the team for Adult Learning Disability and Autism services. The role will involve delivering high quality reviews, proactively through collaboration and discussions in the community and inpatient settings across the county.
The role is unique in that it places the commissioner within daily contact in a strategic and person-centred process where there is a need to influence systems, provider delivery, stakeholder performance and sometimes family dynamics to get the best outcomes for people with learning disabilities and developing solutions.
The role will enable the delivery of national NHS learning disability and autism priorities on behalf of the partners such as reducing health inequalities, developing services to reduce the number of people with learning disabilities and / or autism in hospital inpatient services and improving support for adults with autism.
Charing and facilitating professional meetings and discussions about sensitive and complex needs.
Develop and maintain strong links to the provider market and co working with commissioning colleagues
Actively engaging with NHS England's commitment to transforming services for people with learning disabilities, autism, or both.
Engaging with service and quality improvement including Learning from lives and deaths – People with a learning disability and autistic people (LeDeR) programme to improve care, reduce health inequalities, and prevent premature mortality by understanding needs, care, and support for people with learning disabilities and autistic people.
We are looking for the following.
- Someone with previous/current relevant professional experience and skills to undertake reviews and facilitating complex discussions
- Understanding of the health inequalities faced by people with a learning disability
- Knowledge and understanding of MCA Legislation and DOLs
- Experience working with people with a learning disability or Autism including previous/current relevant professional experience and skills to undertake reviews and facilitating complex discussions
- Capability to manage own workload and make informed decisions in the absence of required information
- Experience of multi-agency partnership working
- Comfortable working with IT-systems
- Good communication skills, including oral, written, and presenting
- Uses a range of communication styles to influence decisions and actions
- Ability to summarise complex information and with good report writing skills.
- Ability to analyse complex issues where material is conflicting and drawn from multiple sources
- Flexible style being able to collaborate and advise but also able to challenge as appropriate
- Working in partnership at a strategic level and working in multi-agency environments or across different organisational cultures to improve outcomes for individuals
- A registered professional health or social care
This is great opportunity to work in a passionate and dynamic team and to influence positively the shaping and delivery of quality healthcare care commissioning for the Hertfordshire population.
Closing Date: 25th January 2023
Interview Date: W/C 6th February 2023
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Adefunke Eriolu – 01442454222