We are looking for a qualified Social Worker to come and join the Locality Team within our Adult Social Care team here at Reading Borough Council. Wherever you are in your own career journey, we’re committed to offering the support and development you need.
Working as a Social Worker for Reading Borough Council you will be part of a friendly and supporting team. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate great communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, services users and health care providers.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the Role:
- Consider the best resources and technology across all settings to promote well-being, independence and protection.
- Be confident to apply the framework provided by statute, guidance, policies and procedures, liaising with other agencies when required.
- Manage their workload effectively and actively progress situations in creative ways for best outcomes
- Offer a high standard of customer service and commitment to Team Reading principles
The Locality Team works closely with other teams in DACHS who are involved with the delivery of Adult Social Care.
We provide the next step in assessment and support planning and work with people in a strengths based way to; prevent the need for care, promote wellbeing, rights and independence and bring about timely interventions with positive outcomes.
Our aim is to be a high performing, efficient, multidisciplinary team with a clear Team purpose and values that supports staff and values the skills and diversity within and around the team.
You will hold a varied caseload and contribute to the team performance and positive outcomes for our residents.
This post offers opportunities to improve your skills and experience in Adult Social Care with high quality, client-led, interventions to service users in their own homes, in a friendly and supportive team.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Registration with Social Work England
- Understanding of the Care Act 2014
We offer excellent support, supervision and induction. You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a social worker.
We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
Closing date: Sunday 5th February 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team, please contact Sandra Sheldon (Locality Team Manager) on 07834 802 697 or Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.