Inspiring Year 5 Teacher required
Fixed Term From April 2023 until July 2024
Pay range M1-M6 (£34,502- £44,756)
Sir Francis Drake Primary School Scawen Road, Deptford SE8 5AE - Lewisham
Sir Francis Drake Primary School is looking for a KS2 teacher to join our forward thinking team.
Sir Francis Drake Primary school is a small and friendly 1 form entry primary school located next to Deptford Park, currently with bulge classes in Years 4 and 5. We are a multicultural, inclusive school and our motto is The school where everyone is valued and all succeed.
- An excellent classroom practitioner who is able to make a difference to children’s outcomes?
- A dedicated, enthusiastic professional who can inspire others and work as part of a team?
- Dedicated to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to learn?
- Able to share your excellent practice across the school for the benefit of the whole community?
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children?
- Able to adapt a curriculum to meet the needs of a diverse group of children.
In return we offer:
- Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- Opportunities for professional development in a supportive team.
- A real chance to make a difference to a community and to children’s lives.
- Collaborative PPA time - we release year group teachers together where we have bulge classes, to ensure collaboration, consistency and a shared work load.
- Leadership opportunities
- Timetabled leadership time
School visits are encouraged and you will be warmly welcomed to see our school in action. Email us to arrange a suitable time. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a hardworking, resilient teacher with KS2 experience to join our friendly and supportive team. You will have a particular interest in working in a fully inclusive, multi-cultural KS2 class.
An application pack is downloadable from our website https://www.sirfrancisdrake.org.uk/Vacancies/ or you can e-mail for a pack: email@example.com
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE E-MAILED TO firstname.lastname@example.org MARKED ‘COMPLETED APPLICATION FOR TEACHING POST. Applications can also be sent by post to the school marked for the attention of Karen Cartwright - Headteacher
Sir Francis Drake Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring service. The successful candidate will also be subject to an overseas criminal record, qualifications and reference checks.
Sir Francis Drake Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief or sexual orientation
CV’s will NOT be accepted as an application. References will be taken up before interview.
Closing date: Midnight 29^th January
Shortlisting date: 30^th January
Interviews: Week beginning 6^th February