Are you interested in joining a dynamic Social Care team that have a wealth of experience in supporting clients in a variety of settings? Do you want to take an active part in developing our team further and helping us go from strength to strength? If so, you may be the right fit for us. We are a hardworking, friendly and passionate team, who currently have a vacancy for a Social Worker to join us.
About The Role
The role involves working with individuals, taking a strengths-based approach to identify the strengths and/or assets as well as the needs of the people we support. Our practice will take place within community hospitals, transitional care beds and community settings to ensure our customers are able to live independent lives and for those that need support, the right support package, in the right place, at the right time.
You would be working alongside;
- Community teams,
- Health colleagues,
- Care providers,
- The third sector to enable safe and timely discharges,
- As well as working with customers to prevent hospital admission.
You will be supported to undertake your duties in line with the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and you will support colleagues within Adult Social Care such as safeguarding team to ensure the wellbeing of everyone you work with.
As well as being a qualified Social Worker, you will need to be someone that is able to work in a variety of settings, completing strength-based assessments. You will need to have an eye detail and be passionate about supporting the people of Lincolnshire. A good sense of humour will definitely come in handy too!
You will also need to ask yourself;
- Are you interested in working within the Transitional Care setting working in the community and community Hospitals?
- Are you open to exploring creative ways to support customers of Adult Care?
- Are you a person who wants no two days the same?
- Do you have transferable skills that you could bring to our team?
- Do you want a Job that is rewarding, working with a supportive team and manager.
A full Person Specification is available within the attached Job Description (attached on LCC site).
If you are an ambitious, diligent and hardworking person, interested in working within an organisation that is committed to providing an exceptional and integral service to the communities of Lincolnshire, where you can make a difference and develop your skills and experience level, then we REALLY want to hear from you.
About Our Team
We are a passionate team that believes in providing a quality service to the people of Lincolnshire. We are a supportive team who work well together, listen to and guide each other in our daily practice.
We would love for you to join us.
We are proud of the skills, knowledge, commitment, humour, morale and motivation of our excellent team and we hope you will join us.
Want to know how PROUD we are of our teams? Why not take a look at the attached document “PROUD” written by the Hospital Team’s Area Manager?
Not quite the role you are looking for?
If you are interested in working within the LCC Hospital Service but this role isn’t quite right for you, then please consider our other current opportunities:
- 1 x L2 SW & 1 x L1 SW in Peterborough - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510852.html
- 2 x L2 CCO L2 in Peterborough - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-community-care-officers-hospital-team-510858.html
- 1 x L2 CCO L2 in Louth - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-community-care-officer-hospital-team-510867.html
- 1 x L1 SW in Lincoln - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-1-social-worker-hospital-team-510862.html
- 2 x L2 SW L2 in Lincoln - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-senior-social-workers-hospital-team-510853.html
- 1 x L2 SW & 2 x L1 SW in Boston - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510857.html
Great schools, affordable housing, wide open spaces and 50 miles of coastline. Lincolnshire offers the perfect balance of opportunity, affordability and security. No wonder Lincolnshire has been voted one of the nicest places to live in the UK.
About Our Offer
Our Social Workers receive excellent supervision, access to learning and development opportunities and protected time to support continuous professional development. Lincolnshire County Council is particularly committed to supporting social workers to access additional qualifications such as AMHP and Practice Educator.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work
- Flexible working policies
- Career progression opportunities
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Jon Harris via email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 30/01/2023 and interviews will be held W/C 06/02/2023.