We need a Social Worker/Newly Qualified Social Worker like you: who is passionate about helping people and wants to make that the main aim of their career. We need you for an exciting opportunity within our Community Hospitals and Transfer of Care Team. If you enjoy working with people in a Community Therapy Rehab Unit or within Community Therapy services, then this is for you!
About the Role
We are a welcoming, committed, and high performing team working in close partnership with our health colleagues to ensure safe transfers home from in-patient therapy rehabilitation units, using a strengths-based discharge model. It’s fast paced, demanding and an inspirational environment to work in. Everyday your creativity, compassion and problem-solving skills will be needed to support those in a crisis.
You will be joining a team of Community Care Officers and Social Workers alongside other members of the MDT to meet the challenging and sometimes complex needs of people who are in the community rehab services or in-patient community rehab unit.
Within this role you will work alongside partners from Lincolnshire Community Hospital Services in supporting adults through their therapy rehab journey to discharge, you will also be supporting adults in their own home, creating innovative plans to enable them to regain their independence.
In this role you will advocate for individuals, providing support to carers and families through what may be a very challenging time. This opportunity can without doubt be challenging at times, but also incredibly rewarding.
From the start of your working journey with the team you will be assigned a supervisor, in addition to a buddy who will assist in making those early first few weeks as smooth as can be. In our team we have a proud history of developing and progressing our staff.
It goes without saying that you will need to be a qualified Social Worker who can show good knowledge of relevant legislation underpinning statutory Adult Care Practice.
We are also looking for candidates that can demonstrate the following;
- Values that promote well-being, challenge oppression and discrimination.
- Empowering people who are experiencing a crisis to have choice and control over their support needs.
- Empathy and advocacy for the people we support.
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and approachable personality in order to engage with people.
- Committed, like us, to focus on the person, their strengths, and networks rather than routinely assessing people for services and eligibility.
A full Person Specification can be found within the Job Description with is attached on the LCC Jobs Page.
If you hold the same ethos as we do, please join us and help us to continue to develop our strengths-based practice model.
About The Team
We are that team that celebrates Birthdays because you are important to us!
As we continue expanded our eclectic team is now made up of; Motor Bike Enthusiasts, Crafters, Dog Fanatics, Pinterest Lovers, Interior Design Queen's and Grandma's. We have also recently added an Escape Room Lover, Runners, a Cat Fanatic, an Oil Painter and an Outdoor Walker.
We are proud of the skills, knowledge, commitment, humour, morale and motivation of our excellent team and we hope you will join us.
What could you add to our team?
Want to know how PROUD we are of our teams? Why not take a look at the attached document “PROUD” written by the Hospital Team’s Area Manager?
Not quite the role you are looking for?
If you are interested in working within the LCC Hospital Service but this role isn’t quite right for you, then please consider our other current opportunities:
- 1 x L2 SW & 1 x L1 SW in Peterborough - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510852.html
- 2 x L2 CCO L2 in Peterborough - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-community-care-officers-hospital-team-510858.html
- 1 x L1 SW L1 in Skegness - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-1-social-workers-hospital-team-510865.html
- 1 x L2 CCO L2 in Louth - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-community-care-officer-hospital-team-510867.html
- 2 x L2 SW L2 in Lincoln - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-senior-social-workers-hospital-team-510853.html
- 1 x L2 SW & 2 x L1 SW in Boston - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510857.html
Great schools, affordable housing, wide open spaces and 50 miles of coastline. Lincolnshire offers the perfect balance of opportunity, affordability and security. No wonder Lincolnshire has been voted one of the nicest places to live in the UK.
About Our Offer
Our Social Workers receive excellent supervision, access to learning and development opportunities and dedicated days allotted for your personal CPD. Lincolnshire County Council is particularly committed to supporting social workers to access additional qualifications such as AMHP and Practice Educator.
Along with a competitive salary we are offering;
- A Contributory pension.
- Payment of professional fees.
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes and cycle to work.
- Flexible working policies.
- Career progression opportunities.
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more.
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure.
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Jon Harris via email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement clearly states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the role as set out in the Job Description (attached on LCC jobs Site) and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 30/01/2023 and interviews will be held W/C 06/02/2023.