Lincolnshire County Council has an exciting opportunity in for Level 2 Community Care Officers within our Hospital Service.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within the hospital discharge and transfer of care service. There has never been a better time to join our team and participate in growing our service to be innovative, creative and providing high-quality support to people when they need it most.
About the Role
We strive to be proactive and use a strengths-based approach, to enable our customers to return home and live as independently as possible. The customer is at the centre of the process, our highest continuing aim is to provide the best service possible to service users and their families.
Lincolnshire County Council (LCC) is committed to providing an excellent service to the people we support and promote an integrated and strengths based and person-centred approach.
The aim of the team is to work hand in hand with NHS and third sector staff to ensure that people we support are at the very centre of their own discharge. Working creatively when planning support packages, utilising “outside of the box” thinking and solutions to ensure an individual care plan is in place that empowers the service user to participate.
LCC is leading the way on the introduction of a fully integrated Discharge to Assess Hub, to support access to the right services in a more fluid way, reducing delays and delivering benefits.
You will work as part of the 7 day Adult Care rota. This equates to approximately 1 in 4 weekends worked, and these are all scheduled 3 months in advance.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Passion, this role is about making a difference in peoples’ lives.
- Creativity, we look and strive for innovation at every opportunity.
- Flexibility, you will need to adapt to the pressures of the service as requirements ebb and flow.
- Honesty, both with yourself and your colleagues.
- Commitment, you are joining LCC but more importantly OUR team.
A full person specification is available within the Job Description, attached on the LCC Job Site
About The Team
We are a team lively of Community Care Officers and Social Workers based within Peterborough City Hospital.
We are a busy team working in a fast-paced environment where you can face a new challenge every day. But if you are up for that challenge, ready to learn and develop then we welcome you to join us.
We support one another and we are always happy to share our knowledge and experiences with new team members…there’s always someone who can answer your question.
We are proud of the skills, knowledge, commitment, humour, morale and motivation of our excellent team and we hope you will join us.
Want to know how PROUD we are of our teams? Why not take a look at the attached document “PROUD” written by the Hospital Team’s Area Manager?
Not quite the role you are looking for?
If you are interested in working within the LCC Hospital Service but this role isn’t quite right for you, then please consider our other current opportunities:
- 1 x L2 SW & 1 x L1 SW in Peterborough - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510852.html
- 1 x L1 SW L1 in Skegness - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-1-social-workers-hospital-team-510865.html
- 1 x L2 CCO L2 in Louth - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-community-care-officer-hospital-team-510867.html
- 1 x L1 SW in Lincoln - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-1-social-worker-hospital-team-510862.html
- 2 x L2 SW L2 in Lincoln - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/level-2-senior-social-workers-hospital-team-510853.html
- 1 x L2 SW & 2 x L1 SW in Boston - https://jobs.lincolnshire.gov.uk/vacancy/social-workers-hospital-team-510857.html
Great schools, affordable housing, wide open spaces and 50 miles of coastline. Lincolnshire offers the perfect balance of opportunity, affordability and security. No wonder Lincolnshire has been voted one of the nicest places to live in the UK.
About our Offer
Our Community Care Officers receive excellent supervision, access to learning and development opportunities and protected time to support continuous professional development. Lincolnshire County Council is particularly committed to supporting CCOs to access the Social Work Apprenticeship.
Along with a competitive salary plus 15% Attraction and Retention payment we are offering;
- A generous contributory pension.
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent discount schemes.
- Flexible working policies.
- Career progression opportunities.
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus the option to buy more.
Further details can be found in our rewards and benefits brochure
If you would like an open and informal discussion regards this role then please contact; Melanie Rowley via email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: It is imperative that your covering letter/personal statement states why you have applied, how you meet the essential and desirable criteria, as set out in the Job Description and what you feel you can bring to this role, the team and the wider County Council.
Applications Close on 30/01/2023 and interviews will be held W/C 06/02/2023.