Volunteer Mentor Opportunity
Develop Me is a mentoring programme with Birmingham Children’s Trust that supports young people in care and care leavers, aged 16-25. A mentor for Birmingham Children’s Trust can be life changing for a young person in care and care leavers. By being a consistent and supportive person in their life and helping them build trust, you can help someone reach their potential. All children in care and care leavers should be given the opportunity to access a person who can support them and guide them.
A mentor will provide guidance, motivation, emotional support and role modelling. They will take an active interest in the young person, listen and help with concerns such as exploring careers, setting goals, developing contacts, housing needs and identifying resources.
You will be willing to support care leavers during a crucial stage in their social and emotional development. Display outstanding communication skills and have the ability to build a positive relationship with young people. You must be passionate about supporting the next generation to reach their potential.
- Engage with mentees to agree how mentoring could support their prospective or existing business
- Agree a programme of mentoring activity which best meets the needs of their mentee
- Encourage their mentee to express and discuss their ideas, concerns and understanding of the business situation facing them
- Help mentees to review their progress and set realistic and practical options to realise their goals
- Help mentees to reflect on and learn from things that did not turn out as expected
- Refer mentees to other sources of information, advice or further support when appropriate
- Encourage mentees to take responsibility for their own decisions, plans and actions
Training & other requirements
- Training will be provided including develop mentoring skills, relationship building, safeguarding and coaching skills.
- DBS Check will be required during recruitment process.
Please note that it is essential that you provide us with sufficient details of any experience and skills which demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this Mentoring role as set out in the person specification. This can be included as part of your CV that you attach to your application.
PLEASE NOTE ONCE ADEQUATE APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED THIS ADVERT WILL BE CLOSED AND NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THS POSITION AFTER CLOSE, THEREFORE IT IS ADVISABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION AS SOON AS YOU CAN
How to Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form