Exciting opportunities are available for both Newly Qualified Social Workers and Experienced Social Workers in the Sefton Adult Social Care Department across a range of teams and specialities within the service.
Who are we?
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards delivering its exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected Borough.
Sefton as a Place to Live and Work
Boasting 22 miles of stunning coastline, Sefton is a leading coastal tourist destination with a flourishing visitor economy. Spanning the busy Port of Liverpool, the famous Antony Gormley’s ‘Another Place’ installation, attractive beaches and dunes, to the resort town of Southport, the diversity of the Borough provides a unique mix of urban and natural setting.
This is a diverse and exciting Borough where people can enjoy a great work-life balance. With excellent transport links, Sefton is well placed for accessing cities across the Northwest, including Liverpool, Manchester and areas such as the Wirral, Halton and Knowsley.
This is an exciting time to come and work with us. We want to hear from people who possess drive and passion. We need committed Social Workers to support our development, improvement plans and outcomes for vulnerable adults in our community.
Our Vision and Journey so far….
Sefton Adult Social Care have high aspirations for the service to work with our most vulnerable residents to complete excellent person-centred and high-quality assessments, the outcomes of which will positively impact on well-being and support people to live healthier lives. We are in the process of expanding our early intervention and prevention offer to our residents, using innovative approaches and the latest technological solutions. Sefton Adult Social Care have an ethos of coproducing and codesigning services with our residents and stakeholders to ensure they meet the needs of our service users whilst ensuring that we respect people’s dignity, rights, and choices. As a service we recognise the importance of increasing choice enabling people to have control over their lives, and we are committed to improving outcomes and maximising independence of our service users.
This is a critical juncture in time for Sefton and its Integration Journey. The 1st of July saw us formally establish the Sefton Partnership, bringing together Health and Social Care in Sefton to plan, resource, deliver and continually improve Health and Care Services with the ambition of improving the Health and Wellbeing of our residents, reducing duplication and unwarranted variation, driving up quality and improving the experience of those that need our Care and Support. Being part of our dedicated Social Care workforce means being a key part of achieving this, working across boundaries to act as one team with the outcome of the individual at our heart.
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England
- High aspirations to improve the lives our most vulnerable residents
- Exceptional knowledge of the Care Act
- Ability to manage your own caseload with appropriate support, guidance, and supervision
- Ability to make person centred, complex decisions, using evidence-based tools and analysis
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to effectively undertake partnership working with all our stakeholders and further develop these relationships
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth.
Our offer to you
- To be part of an established, caring, and welcoming team
- Manageable caseloads
- Access to good quality, monthly, reflective supervision
- A comprehensive induction programmes
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Excellent training and career development opportunities such as BIA and AMHP training.
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days after 5 years continual service plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave schemes.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Hybrid working e.g. the ability to work from home or office for some part of the working week
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues.
- Commitment to supporting your emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Assistance with relocation if eligible.
- Access to our Professional Practice Forum
Our offer to Newly Qualified Social Workers - (inc pay rate):
Grade H (subject to pay award) - £32,909 to £36,298
Dedicated support to complete your ASYE year.
Our aim is to give Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSW) the best experience during their first year in practice. Our NQSWs will be supported in their work with Vulnerable Adults, their families and carers. Case management support, supervision and guidance will be provided by Team Managers who will ensure that you have a protected caseload during your first year. You will also have additional support from a Practice Assessor Lead who will be responsible for ensuring you gain the right experience and skills to complete your ASYE portfolio during your first year.
By investing in “growing our own,” we hope to equip new social workers to become the best they can be. We want to provide our Adults, families, and carers with consistency; we know how important relationship building is and so are working hard to create as much stability in our teams as possible.
If you are more than halfway through your final placement or awaiting your registration with Social Work England, then we would welcome your application.
Our offer to Experienced Social Workers - (inc pay rate):
Grade I (subject to pay award) - £37,261 to £41,496
Enhanced training offer
So now you’ve heard all about us, we would love to hear from you!
If you would like to have an informal chat about any of our available posts, please contact Andrew McDonald 07977 237816
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.