Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.Hillingdon’s Reablement team is a highly regarded CQC registered service providing a community based Reablement Service to increase the independence of the residents of Hillingdon.
About the job
We are looking for a Reablement Carer to join our team. You will be required to work a shift rota which will include working every other weekend.
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic, reliable individuals with a 'can do' attitude. If you are successful you will be working in the community helping to assess and achieve service users aims, objectives & goals.
Working alongside Reablement Seniors, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists, you will be an integral part of our highly regarded Reablement team. As a Carer you will focus on contributing to the delivery of care, support and guidance to promote independence and choice for service users to achieve their desired outcomes.
This is a part-time role working 25 hours per week. The salary advertised will be pro-rated.
About the person
We are looking for team members with previous care experience and excellent communication skills. The successful candidates will be qualified in the relevant QCF/NVQ Level 2 or have the ability to work towards this qualification. London Borough of Hillingdon will support you to achieve this qualification.
The successful candidates will also have:
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A strong commitment to increasing the independence of individuals and supporting residents to remain in their own homes for as long as possible
- A driving licence with access to their own vehicle
London Borough of Hillingdon are always looking to reward employees. As a member of the Reablement team, you will receive a range of staff benefits, including:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Car allowance
- Free uniform
- Free DBS check
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts and deals on national attractions, theme parks, holidays, insurance and many national retailersWe are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Disability Confident Employer & Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy