Are you a Senior Social worker with:
- A positive outlook of the transformation agenda
- Experience of supervising staff
- Proven ability to move efficiently between practice and management issues
- A social work qualification, registered with the HCPC
- Extensive social work experience
Do you have experience of:
- Safeguarding adults’ investigations with a good understanding of the safeguarding adults’ investigation procedures
- Chairing safeguarding adults meetings
- A good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act
- working successfully in a demanding environment
- using your ability to explore ideas and options to meet individual and diverse needs
Are you looking for a position that offers you:
- Training opportunities
- Regular supervision and support
- The opportunity for professional and personal development
In Adult Social Services, we continue to transform how we work because we want to maintain our excellent standard of service delivery. We are looking for a Practice Manager – Safeguarding Adults with the above qualities and a strong commitment to excellence at a time of rapid change.
Our front line services have been redesigned to ensure a strong focus on early intervention, prevention, Reablement and personalisation. We have recently transformed the community equipment services to offer local people more choice and control over their lives. Our priority is to make sure that residents are at the heart of decision making and are supported in taking positive risks to achieve their chosen outcomes.
We are proud of our history of collaborative working with all partners. We are particularly committed to maintaining and developing our work with health to deliver the government’s strategy and Vision for Adult Social Care.
The DoLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards) Team is responsible for contributing to the development of Safeguarding Adult’s arrangements in the borough.
- continued provision of a quality service to our service users
- development, co-ordination and maintenance of all arrangements relating to Safeguarding Adults Procedures
- provision of support and advice to staff throughout adult services, ensuring that adults at risk and their carers’ living in the London Borough of Redbridge are safeguarded against abuse
If you enjoy being part of a team and have an interest in working with this service user group then this is an exciting opportunity for you. We welcome your application.
Full Time, Permanent
Interview date: December 2018
Ambitious for Redbridge