High Street, Kimberworth, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S61 2BD
Tel: 01709 740232
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An 11-16 Technology College serving its community
Required for January 2019.
We wish to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic English Teacher to join a forward looking and innovative English Department. This post offers scope to teach across the ability range at key stages three and four and would be suitable for an NQT.
Winterhill School has a reputation for innovation and the pursuit of excellence (Progress 8 Score = +0.24, top 20% of schools nationally, 2017) and is judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted (Ofsted 2018).
- ‘Established a carefully designed and targeted professional development programme for staff.’
- ‘The progress of pupils, including disadvantaged pupils, has been strong and consistently above national averages.’
- ‘The overall behaviour of pupils, both in lessons and around the site, is good.’
We are rightly proud of these achievements for the community, but we are on a journey to outstanding and if you are interested in joining us you will need to be:
- Vibrant and motivating classroom practitioner who will bring the subject alive for our students.
- Able to deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons that ensure the progress of all students, regardless of their ability.
- Confident in their subject knowledge of English.
- A team player.
- Role models of the school’s ethos – ‘The Winterhill Way’.
We will offer you:
- Students who want to learn, and an environment conducive to outstanding teaching.
- A friendly and supportive team of 10 specialist teachers.
- A department with an excellent track record of results.
- Quality CPD and experiences that will help you to develop, whatever stage of your career.
If you wish to discuss this post please contact Dr A Reeder, Deputy Headteacher.
Application forms and further details may be downloaded from the school website at www.winterhill.org.uk or are available from the school. Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs J. Parkin, Headteacher’s PA, at the school address. N.B. A School Application Form MUST be completed – we do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 12.00pm, Monday 1st October 2018
This post involves working with vulnerable children/young people and therefore, if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records (DBS certificate) at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Leaders in Learning is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We undertake to make any reasonable adjustments to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face.