Salary: £43,516 to £46,549 per annum
Working Pattern: Full Time (37 hours)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Worthing HYBRID
Interview Date: 6th Jan
Closing Date: 23rd Dec
You must be able to travel throughout the County, including to locations that are not always accessible by public transport.
We're seeking a calm, organised professional to join us as a Hub Support Team Manager, leading our Family Hub workforce. The team provide access to a range of services i.e. applying for free childcare entitlement, finding childcare, local activities and support services, pregnancy and early child development, parenting and health advice.
You'll be part of a leadership team which provides duty cover for a geographical area usually across two districts. Including responding to queries and working closely with partners and the integrated front door to ensure families are triaged, have initial assessments and are supported prior to being allocated a lead worker.
- Ability to anticipate problems, plan solutions and make sound pragmatic problem-solving decisions which will have a wider service impact, particularly in relation to providing a varied service, resource issues, partnership building (internally or externally) and the day-to-day management and direction of the team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence the actions of others and communicate information which may be complex and contentious
- Effective people and performance management skills and the ability to provide direction and motivate and inspire the team to deliver quality professional practice
- Able to manage self, is self-aware and understands impact of work on self and others and responds constructively to situations
- Understanding the need for emotional intelligence/resilience. Ability to respond calmly and appropriately to situations where others are stressed or anxious
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear, logical way and meet deadlines and outcomes
- Analytically minded with the ability to judge, analyse and interpret varied and highly complex situations to produce strategies over the long term
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to a professional service specialism (e.g. Social Work, Health, Early Education and Childcare, Community Development, Family Support); or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating comprehensive application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting
- Relevant chartered status of a professional body or equivalent high-level experience of involved practices
- Advanced theoretical knowledge of systems, procedures and policies in specialist areas e.g. child protection, data protection, relevant law, national guidance, risk management, health and safety, safeguarding, evidence-based practice of what works within family support
- Valid and full driving licence and access to a vehicle/ability to travel around the county independently
Rewards and Benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE04166
To apply, please follow the links below to upload your CV and Cover Letter. In your Cover Letter outline your motivations for applying and explain how you meet the key skills listed in full and the experience you can bring to the role (please refer to the key skills) ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.