Salary Grade Range: Scale 4, spine point 18-21
Actual Salary: £18,143.83 - £19,297.81 per annum with pension contributions on top
Contractual Status: Permanent, 32.5 hours per week, Term Time Only
Required for September 2018 or ASAP thereafter
The Executive Headteacher and Governors at Rotherfield Primary School would like to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant for September 2018 or ASAP thereafter. You will be based in early years- Reception or Nursery.
Please see Job description and Person Specification below, and also reasons why staff work at our school. Core hours are 8.45-3.45, Term time.
The role of teaching assistant will have a major impact on the quality of Teaching and Learning. We are looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate successful experience in a primary setting.
- Work as part of the staff team at the direction of the HLTA/Assistant Headteacher /Class Teachers to support teaching provision and pupils' learning.
- Under the guidance of AHT/HLTA, to work with individuals and groups of pupils in class, including those pupils with additional educational needs, to help them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- At the direction of Class Teachers/HLTA, to help to organise classroom activities, prepare resources and implement strategies for teaching and learning.
- Support and deliver the programmes for teaching literacy and numeracy and assist pupils to access the full curriculum. Be familiar with lesson plans, pupil targets and learning objectives.
- Observe pupils' performance, and using the systems in place in the school/class provide the teacher with feedback on pupil progress in relation to provision.
Rotherfield is a vibrant and welcoming school, within the London Borough of Islington. Visits to the school are actively encouraged please contact the school office to arrange a time on 0207 226 66 20.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, Sunday 7th October 2018
Selection date: Thursday 11th October 2018
Rotherfield Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) with barred list check is required for all successful applicants. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.