- Are you interested in joining our Business Support Team here at West Lancashire Borough Council?
- Do you have excellent administration skills with a high level of attention to detail?
If the answer to these questions is 'yes', we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting time to join West Lancashire Borough Council as we embark on a new chapter. We are currently seeking a Planning Support Officer who is looking for a new challenge in a very fast paced role within our Business Support Team.
You will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Development, Heritage and Environment and Building Control Teams within the Council.
The main duties will consist of:
- Processing of Planning and Building Control applications, notifications, and Enforcement complaints.
- You will also assist in the administrative process relating to street naming and numbering and addressing in general.
- To provide information in response to Land Charge Search enquiries within the deadlines set and deal with any correspondence arising from the replies.
- You will provide verbal and written technical and procedural information and advice to our customers, members and other interested parties on all functions carried out by the Development Management Service.
Your key skills will include:
- You will be a team player and will have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- You will possess excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise your own workload, work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
- Your communication skills will be paramount when liaising with members of the public, Senior Managers, Elected Members, and staff members across the organisation.
- You will be able to collate data to ensure the accurate input and maintenance of designated management information systems.
- You will have excellent ICT skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook, and other bespoke ICT packages as required.
You will adhere to the Council’s Expected Behavioural Standards ensuring that a high standard of customer care is maintained and dealt with in a courteous manner.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and want to be part of our multi-disciplinary Business Support Service, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.