Do you have a passion for making sure buildings work for the people who live in them? Do you have comprehensive knowledge of an electrical or mechanical discipline? Do you have experience of managing a team of engineers who problem-solve and work alongside contractors to return equipment to full working order? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
You'll manage a team of Neighbourhood Engineers who will work alongside our contractors and resident-facing staff to ensure the mechanical and electrical equipment in our buildings is in good working order and returned to service quickly when a repair is reported.
Each Neighbourhood Engineer will be assigned a region to work in, attending our buildings to diagnose faults and specify solutions. They'll build relationships with resident-facing staff and contractors to ensure updates are communicated efficiently. You'll support your Neighbourhood Engineers to deliver a high standard of work, ensuring they continue to develop their skills and maintain a high level of professional accountability. As their manager you'll act as the point of contact for escalated queries.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to build on your experience of leading a team, to support and develop others and build a strong service that keeps our residents safe. Your experience in performance management and building a clear team identity and positive culture will be essential. While you and your team won't be directly responsible for managing contractors, you will be overseeing their work, so bringing your experience of managing contractor relationships and building connections with residents is useful. Resident safety will be your top priority while making sure that work carried out offers value for money. You'll work alongside operational colleagues to co-ordinate works being carried out in our buildings that have a positive impact on our M&E equipment.
There are opportunities within Assets and Sustainability to further develop your career in compliance, to learn more about how our business operates and showcase your ability to build relationships in a supportive and vibrant environment.
You will spend your time at our London Head Office (Kings Cross) and other locations as necessary to get the job done. A willingness to travel and be flexible is vital.
In return we offer:
- Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities (qualifying period may apply)
- Generous pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay - we offer enhanced maternity and adoption pay in addition to statutory entitlements (qualifying period may apply)
- Employee assistance - free confidential advice and counselling services provided by independent specialist organisations
- Health cash plan
- Staff discounts - we give our staff access to discounts at hundreds of major retailers, gyms, restaurants, entertainment, days out, insurance and much more
- Interest free loans: season ticket loan, tenancy deposit loan and training loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance x 4 annual salary
How to apply
- Applications close at 23:59 on 7 December 2022.
Please apply for this role with us online. If you are not able to apply online, please contact our HR team via to discuss your requirements.