We are adding to our excellent teams our Worthing (Bridge House), Chichester (based out of Durban House, Bognor Regis) and Crawley locations.
A driving licence is essential.
About The Job
£561 per annual weighting for Crawley based roles
Location: Bridge House, Worthing or Durban House, Bognor Regis or Cawley Library, Crawley
As a Social Worker within our team, your role will involve working with adults from 18 years and upwards with physical disabilities, including some memory problems or sensory disabilities. For this role you will be expected to demonstrate relevant theoretical Social Work concepts, practices and detailed organisational knowledge relating to the provision of a professional Social Work service dealing with complex issues and ethical dilemmas.
- Good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families.
- Able to effectively prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Able to analyse and interpret information and data, prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Able to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and external agencies to deliver an effective service.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to others and use negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage others to adopt a course of action.
- Able to recognise limits of own accountability and responsibility and seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Grade 11 (Senior Social Worker)
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex people related information and data in order to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision. Solution focussed with the ability to analyse complex situations and provide forward thinking strategies and solutions that consider a variety of possible solutions and balance risks / resources and desired outcomes.
- Ability to undertake direct work with those who access or need the service in order to support individuals. Ability to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies in order to deliver the most effective service.
- Highly developed communication skills in order to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal format including the ability to explain complicated information to a wide range of people and negotiate and persuade others to adopt a particular course of action that they may not otherwise wish to take.
Qualification and / or Experience:
- Degree in relevant professional or equivalent qualification e.g. Certificate of Qualification in Social Work or Diploma in Social Work.
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and responsibility for maintaining registration with that body.
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work. Good, up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. The Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Good understanding of the necessity of working with partnership agencies including health, housing, learning, statutory, voluntary and independent sector.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency/ multidisciplinary setting.
- Valid, full driving licence.
- Experience of working in partnership with those who access or need the service and maintaining a focus on the needs of the individual whilst handling conflict and disagreement.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
Reference number CAFHE03915.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check. West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged. For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.