We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic person to join the team here at Brierley! Sense of humour is a must as well as a great team work ethic.
Hours of work will be: (but are not limited to)
7.30am-9am & 12.30pm-6pm (Monday-Friday) 35 hrs per week (Split Shift)
There is also the option for the position to be split into two roles
7.30am-9am Mon-Fri (7.5 hrs per week)
12.30pm-6pm Mon-Fri (27.5 hrs per week)
Your Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all school facilities are in excellent and safe condition, with the highest possible standards of cleanliness for use by pupils, staff and visitors.
- Site management and maintenance, repairs, grounds and contractors.
- Attending routine maintenance meetings.
- Plan for the maintenance and repair of the school building with the School Business Manager, project manage contractors.
- Lead on health and safety for the school.
- Complete statutory checks for legionella, asbestos, fire safety etc. as required.
- Undertake care-taking duties on a daily basis. Including cleaning, playground checks and stocking bathrooms and classrooms.
- Complete Health & Safety related checks daily, weekly and monthly as required.
- To carry out duties in the most effective, efficient and economic manner available and to manage the school building budget.
- To carry out routine maintenance and basic repairs during the school day and monitor major works during the school holidays.
- Be required to manage the work of contractors on site and monitor services provided externally, such as cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- You will also be responsible along with the School Business Manager, for the use of the school’s facilities out of school hours, including evenings and weekends- To carry out these important responsibilities the Site Manager will be on site throughout term time and holidays will be taken during school holidays.
- The person appointed will have knowledge and skills relating to buildings maintenance and health and safety requirements in public buildings.
- Experience and skills to carry out repairs and minor building work is essential.
- Commitment and attention to detail are required in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness in a busy crowded environment.
- The ability to lead and organise the work of others is essential, as well as good interpersonal and some administrative skills.
- Positive and supportive relationships with staff and children are essential
- Be able to multi-task and provide a friendly service to all stakeholders.
The establishment is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the safety and welfare of young people. Employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All applicants MUST complete a Cheshire east application form prior to interview.
Job Types: Full-time / Part-time, Permanent, with some flexibility for the post i.e. possibility of filling the role with two part time staff or one full time.
Salary: £20,092-£21,748 per year pro rata.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: One location
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.