Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the people of West Sussex.
About the Regaining Independence Service (RIS)
The Regaining Independence Service provides community reablement support to customers within their own homes following discharge from hospital or to prevent admission.
The service enables residents of West Sussex to return home safely and with the support that they need including any equipment that may be required. Our team work with customers and their relatives/advocates to set achievable reablement goals to work towards with the aim of increasing independence.
About The Job
Salary: £39,493 to £42,503 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bridge House, Worthing with flexible and hybrid working.
Do you have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment? Do you want to be part of strong and dynamic service?
As a Senior Social Worker, you will:
- Undertake strength-based assessment in complex situations applying relevant legislation.
- manage a complex caseload collaborating with people and family or friend carers, undertake strengths-based assessments and reviews, identifying eligible needs and personalised outcomes.
- Be responsible for providing social work advice to your therapy colleagues working within the Regaining Independence Service, and will be the first point of contact.
- Hold professional supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants and oversight of Occupational Therapist caseload where required.
- Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies.
- Provide support to less experienced colleagues to apply learning to further develop their capability, and professional confidence.
- Promote equality, recognise, and value diversity and inclusion, respecting peoples, carers, and colleagues. Challenge oppressive and discriminatory practice and behaviour.
Why chose West Sussex County Council?
- Excellent progression structure to support your career aspirations
- Regular specialist supervision and an enhanced pay offer.
- Supported with professional supervision and a workload that is appropriate to your level of professional development.
- Reflective and Best Practice groups held monthly and weekly.
- Access to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) monies for training and development to work towards a specialist post-qualifying award.
- A supportive working environment with a strong management team who work together to deliver a high performing service whilst being passionate about social work values and best practice.
- Promote Smarter Working practices, to empower staff as to how and when individuals work to meet their key responsibilities within the requirements and demands of their role.
- Surrounded by national trails, charming villages, historic castles and action-packed outdoor activities and strong travel connections to urban centres and London.
All West Sussex County Council (WSCC) employees have a WSCC location as their contractual work location, however we do operate a 'Smarter working' approach, this is something that you agree locally with your manager, for what works best for you, your role and your team. More details will be shared once you start working.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, apply now and let's make a difference to our communities together!
A full job description is attached at the bottom of the advert.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Worker England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.