The Combined Placement and Sourcing Team (CPST) was established in April 2020 and provides a single point of referral to enable our customers to access the right care and support services. The CPST delivers support planning and sourcing activity for people who have short or longer term needs and are eligible for social care support. The CPST also works closely with our partner organisations to facilitate discharges from hospital into appropriate services. The CPST plans and arranges support for all adult customer groups including older people, people with a lifelong or learning disability and those with mental health issues.
About The Job
Salary: £25,409 to £27,852 per annum.
Working Pattern: Full-time and Part-time (37 hours per week, 29 hours per week and 17 hours per week) Casual Bank opportunities available
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bridge House, Worthing
Are you good at co-ordinating and seeking out information? Have a passion for supporting others? Join us as a Care and Support Broker and a make a difference.
In this exciting opportunity, you will be at the forefront of supporting our customers to access appropriate and effective care and support services. You'll join our Southern Non-Residential Team to support older people in to plan and access non-residential services such as domiciliary care or day care.
As a Care and Support Broker, you will:
- Report directly to the Placement and Sourcing Lead (or Deputy Lead)
- deliver care planning, sourcing, and purchasing functions for people requiring care and support who may be discharged from hospital, or those with longer term care needs.
- Develop extensive knowledge and specialist skills within customer groups and service types.
- Be adaptable and skilled to support the team to respond to changing demands and pressures.
- Work closely with customers, their families or representatives in planning effective care and support services. You will liaise regularly with other West Sussex County Council (WSCC) services and those from other stakeholders including NHS services and care providers.
- Be passionate about customer service and enabling people with care needs to access the right support.
- Support equality and diversity and respect anyone working for or in contact with WSCC.
Care and Support Broker roles are mainly office based with occasional travel and work during standard office working hours on weekdays between 8am and 6pm although some posts have weekend working requirements which include every other Saturday. Casual Bank staff can work flexibly according to your availability around the required hours. You may have a background in health or social care already or you might have really good transferable skills from other sectors.
Help us find the right social care, at the right time, for the right person. Apply now.
How to Apply: Please ensure that you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description attached. Along with required qualifications, this will be used as shortlisting criteria. Failure to complete the application process correctly may result in your application not being shortlisted. *Please clearly state in your application which position(s) you wish to be considered for and see details of individual posts attached*
A Full Description is attached at the bottom of the advert.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
How to Apply:
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV.
Please ensure you explain how your skills and experience relate to the key skills listed on the job description.
Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.