Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service is looking to recruit a Senior ICT Support Engineer. Key responsibilities of the role are ensuring the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose, systems are secure, and you will contribute to the continual improvement of our ICT provision.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supervising the work of a team of ICT Service Delivery specialists. Known for your customer-focused approach, you will support the Service’s users, assisting in diagnosing issues across the ICT infrastructure, including network, server and end-point devices.
You will assist the ICT Service Delivery Manager in providing excellent support to business-critical applications, requiring you to possess excellent time management skills, communications skills, and leaderships skills alongside a broad technical knowledge.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent ICT Problem solving in a mission critical environment
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system technologies,
- A strong understanding of virtualised server and desktop provision,
- A strong understanding of cloud-based infrastructure,
- A strong understanding of networking infrastructure,
- and an excellent all-round ICT support understanding working as part of a busy team.
Can we count on you to deliver a customer-focused service that is consistent, reliable and focused on excellence?
To find out more please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/derbyshirefire/displayjob.aspx?jobid=658
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Brett Clements, ICT Service Delivery Manager on 01773 305344.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12th December 2022.
Agile working arrangements can be discussed with the successful candidate.
There may be a requirement for some travel for which a pool car will be provided.
The normal working week is 37 hours however you may occasionally need to work beyond normal office hours. The postholder will also be required to provide rota cover on the Recall to Duty Scheme.
In return we offer;
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Free car parking
- Health & wellbeing services, including free access to gyms at Derbyshire Fire & Rescue Service locations
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee support networks
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
We are committed to equality and fairness at work. Applications are encouraged from all diverse communities.
Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Adults, Children and Young People. All staff are expected to share this commitment.
Police security vetting procedures at the appropriate level will be requested for the successful applicant. Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application and Home Office approval for indefinite leave to remain within the UK.
If you have a disability and need assistance completing the application form, please contact the Service Centre on 01773 305441.