The Fostering, Placements and Permanence service is looking to recruit a Business Support Officer to be part of our business support / administrative team and to carry out specialist and general administrative duties.
Main advert detail
You will provide customer-focused information to people who contact the team (service users and other professional agencies) as well as an efficient and effective clerical service within the team. You will be involved in answering telephone and email enquiries, database recording, processing checks and references, organising and minuting meetings, dealing with some payments and supporting social workers in their duties. It is essential that you have the ability to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing and to manage an evolving workload using your time-management skills.
You will have experience of working in a busy office environment with the ability to prioritise your workload around the demands of the service and strict deadlines. This role involves the use of various computer packages and requires you to be able to monitor and analyse data for your team as well as running reports to ensure adherence to statutory deadlines. First impressions count so we are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, confident, experienced, self directed administrator to represent our service.
Key skills you can offer:
• A flexible, adaptable approach to work with ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
• Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience in business support duties including arranging meetings, and taking minutes which may be of a complex nature .
• Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages
• Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
• career average pension scheme
• 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service
• 1-2-1 support from your Business Support Manager
• A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
• An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
• Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
• Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BAME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
For more information contact: Vera Abbott (Business Support Manager) tel. 01273 295440 or email: email@example.com
Interviews will be held Tuesday 16th October
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.