Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
Huntingdonshire District Council is passionate about the provision of Leisure. Do you have the necessary qualities, skills and knowledge to join our successful Team?
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first. So, whilst experience and qualifications are important the correct attitude and willingness to learn are equally, if not more important.
One Leisure offers a comprehensive range of high-quality leisure facilities across five Centres throughout Huntingdonshire. One Leisure St.Neots are seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable individuals to join their operations team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the necessary blend of operational experience, a willingness to take on responsibility and the ability to always ensure a safe and enjoyable environment. Leadership and motivational skills are vital to ensure we continue to provide the highest possible levels of customer service and a customer focussed attitude.
The post requires a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) and First Aid at Work qualifications which must be completed on starting in the role. If the qualifications are not already held, training will be provided which must be passed within the first 2 months of employment. Further information and the pre-requisites for the NPLQ course can be seen here.
This post is an ideal introduction to supervisory management and your first steps on the leisure management ladder.
We are determined to offer personal and professional development to our staff and this is combined with a flexible approach that enables our staff to manage their own work life balance. This is a full-time role working average of 37 hours a week at One Leisure St.Neots.
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and energetic candidates to work as part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
This role is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
TO APPLY A full job description along with details of how to apply can be downloaded from our website at https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/
Should you have any additional questions regarding submitting an application, please contact our Recruitment Team email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is 09/12/2022 at 12pm and interviews will be held 13/12/2022.
Please note that the official closing date is as above and will be the correct date. Some third party websites may have different dates so please always refer to the HDC website for the official closing date to ensure you do not miss out on applying.
As an employer who values diversity of thought, we seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds in order to make our organisation more innovative. We are seeking candidates who are looking for their next career opportunity.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community, and we offer a range of benefits, including flexitime, to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
- Hybrid working arrangements (role permitting). We know our people are what make HDC great and recognise how important a healthy work–life balance is. Our hybrid work model enables employees to work remotely whilst allowing for in-office collaboration opportunities across the district.
- A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme Pension.
- An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
- Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 30 days with five years of service.
- Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed One Leisure.
- Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over 1500 resources dedicated to development.
- Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Occupational Health Programme.
- Digital Parking Permit.