An opportunity for an experienced GIS professional has become available to lead on and support the delivery and development of geographical information systems applications to ensure that the planning service delivers its statutory duties, proactively analyses data and can find solutions within the department.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual who is creative and forward thinking to support the East Herts’ ‘Digital by Design’ agenda by proactively providing digital support and solutions within the planning service.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- To manage the GIS and spatial systems in the planning service acting as the systems administrator, with responsibility for what the system can achieve for the service, ensuring that the right spatial tools and data are available across the service.
- Leading on the preparation of the policies map for the Local Plan review
- To provide expert spatial analysis and data creation to assist in the delivery of the service objectives using creative and appropriate techniques on a range of vector, raster, and flat datasets.
- To contribute to the development of strategies, procedures, standards, business and continuity plans to ensure the team is able to meet future challenges and customer/ stakeholder expectations with increased service efficiency and effectiveness.
- To provide digital solutions and support to the service, including design and technological support for service outputs and processes.
- To lead on the development, implementation, maintenance and management of systems, policies and procedures within the service, such as identifying necessary changes to systems or procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level, equivalent professional qualification or qualified by experience.
- Recognised qualification in GIS or relevant training/experience in the use of GIS.
- Experience of supporting customers using technology in a business environment.
- Experience of CADCorp GIS Suite and Geospace is desirable, but experience of another GIS software is essential (ArcGIS, MapInfo etc.).
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems and SQL.
- Knowledge of, or direct experience of the planning system or planning service is desirable.
Option for home working up to 50% of working hours.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Claire Sime, Service Manger – Planning Policy, Design & Conservation on 01992 531626
If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity