To apply for this job vacancy please visit the Test Valley Borough Council website.
Closing date - 28th November 2022
Full time, 37 Hours per Week - Winchester / Andover
£24,912 - £34,922 (Depending on experience)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced, dynamic, forward thinking IT Shared Service supporting both Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council.
Working as an IT Operation Support Engineer you will be, working primarily to manage the Device estate supporting Laptops, PC’s, Android and iOS devices alongside other critical systems.
This is an interesting, technical, hands-on role, resolving 2nd line support calls and configuring the desktop and mobile estate across both organizations.
Key Technical Duties:
- Managing a modern device estate utilizing the Microsoft Intune & 365 platforms.
- Resolve a variety of 2nd line technical hardware, software issues, escalating to 3rd line / 3rd parties where required.
- Support the Councils IT Telephone System as a system administrator, assisting with system upgrades working to implement changes and upgrades as necessary.
- Work on projects to improve / update technologies and hardware.
- Ensure all IT assets are managed appropriately and accurately.
Ideally, you’ll have practical technical experience with Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Endpoint (Intune) and previous experience of building and deploying laptops / PC’s in additional to configuring mobile devices such as Smartphones and Tablets. On-going training opportunities will ensure your skills are advanced with modern technology as required.
You’d be joining a lively environment, dedicated to providing high quality customer service. Career development opportunities will be considered for candidates who do not fulfil all essential requirements on the Person Specification.
In return, Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council are committed to developing staff and promote a strong work life balance. We offer a generous annual leave entitlement, starting at 32 days per annum (including Bank Holidays) and additional Christmas/New year closure.
We also offer a number of benefits including:
- Excellent Training Opportunities (typically annual external training)
- Attractive Pension and life assurance scheme
- Free Parking at both Winchester and Test Valley Head Office
- Subsidised on-site restaurant and discounted gym memberships
- Work/Life balance – Role is primarily business hours – Monday to Friday
For further details of employee benefits, please visit: Employee Benefits | Test Valley Borough Council
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Nicky Richards, Operations Manager, on 01962 848228. Alternatively you can contact our Human Resources Team on, 01264 368106 or email email@example.com
Closing date for return of application forms is 28th November 2022.
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICE