Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and Term-time only
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2022
Interview Date: Friday 02 December 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
The Turing School
About the role
Administration Assistant - The Turing School
Salary: £17,738 - £18,515 pro rata (£20,532 - £21,431) SAT 4
Term time plus 5 staff development days.
37 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Assistant to join our Admin team at The Turing School.
As an Admin Assistant you will support the Office Manager in the efficient operation of administration functions of the school. You will provide a first point of contact for pupils, parents, visitors at reception to deal with any queries that arise in the first instance or refer them on to ensure that problems are dealt with effectively.
Key duties include:
- Perform daily clerical tasks, including dealing with emails, post, messages, etc;
- Undertake a range of secretarial duties as directed by the Office Manager;
- Assist in maintaining the Team’s central filing system;
- Assist to maintain general office systems;
- To carry out duties as requested by the Office Manager and Senior Leadership Team.
As a successful candidate you will need:
- A good standard of education with English and mathematics GCSE or equivalent level, with Good Literacy and numeracy skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite including Gmail, Drive and use of email;
- Awareness of Data Protection and confidentiality issues;
- Organised, methodical and adaptable;
- Conscientious, polite and calm.
Part of Swale Academies Trust, The Turing School is at its heart, a community school. We pride ourselves on knowing all of our students and families, and we work together to support and develop our young people into becoming successful, confident and happy young adults.
For more information about our school please visit our website: theturingschool.org.uk
Join us to benefit from:
- Excellent on-site facilities;
- Bank of resources across the Trust;
- Excellent CPD programme;
- Being part of a highly successful Trust;
- Local Government Pension Scheme – with a generous employer contribution;
- Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice;
- Ride to Work Scheme;
- Employee Referral Recruitment Incentive.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Gemma Sorrell-fleet, Office Manager for an informal discussion. email@example.com and 01323 465700
Completed applications should be sent to Gemma Sorrell-Fleet, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Turing School, Larkspur Drive, Eastbourne East Sussex BN23 8EJ. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact email@example.com or 01795 426091 (option 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: 2nd December 2022
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.