Are you a qualified Counsellor looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to make a difference to children and families in Hertfordshire?
You can play a key role in providing therapeutic support whilst also being part of the Safe Space management team.
Purpose of the Job
- To support the Safe Space Central team to ensure robust processes and procedures are implemented across the service and to identify and implement these across the service
- To supervise, performance manage and develop a maximum of 6 counsellors.
- To effectively manage safeguarding concerns including providing consultation to Safe Space counsellors.
Safe Space delivers counselling to children and young people (aged 5-19) across the county. This role will provide an opportunity to work in a wide range of schools and settings.
The successful applicant must be qualified to Diploma level and BACP (or equivalent body) accredited with at least 4 years experience. Experience of delivering therapy to children and young people is also essential as is the ability to manage a team of counsellors.
You will be part of the Safe Space management team, providing specialist support to the counselling team. This will include one duty day a week advising on safeguarding concerns raised by counsellors.
- Provide a confidential counselling/therapy service for individuals or groups of children and young people referred to Safe Space using a variety of different tools to assist engagement.
- Manage a clinical caseload within BACP or equivalent ethical framework.
- Maintain accurate case records on each child/young person and keep information in a secure place in accordance with Data Protection Act / GDPR.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of other professionals and schools’ staff in order to take a holistic approach to working with children/young people.
- Be able to work flexibly to ensure coverage of the geographical areas as allocated by the service. This may include working in settings outside of schools.
If you are a qualified and experienced counsellor and want to support a team making a real difference to children and young people then this is the role for you and we would welcome your application.
Are you ready for a new challenge which includes managing a team of counsellors?