Trade Supervisor x2 (12 months fixed term)
RG6m to RG7b (SCP 32- 36) £36,371 - £40,578 plus Market Supplement of £2,611
x1 Gas & Plumbing
x1 Reactive Repairs
Our team are looking for a Trade Supervisor, to work as part of a busy team to assist our Contract Managers in delivering a quality repairs service to our housing stock as well as commercially, with an aspiration to deliver upper quartile performance.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
You will have responsibility for the supervision of our trade staff and sub-contractors. This will involve the allocation of their work, monitoring their productivity, carrying out site inspections to ensure standard of work meets customers’ needs and expectations, and works are carried out within health and safety and legislative requirements. You must have an exceptional understanding of customer fulfillment.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - champion and inspire a culture which ensures that all employees across the organisation work together to provide excellent outcomes for Reading
Drive Efficiency - create an environment in which resources are used efficiently and employees’ skills are developed and used effectively
Be Ambitious - aspire to deliver excellence and inspire and support others to reach their potential
Make a Difference to Reading - inspire a culture in which the customer is the focus and where change is welcomed as an opportunity
This is an exceptional opportunity; as such we are looking for people with:
- A recognised apprenticeship or have City & Guilds qualification
- Excellent communication skills in sometimes difficult circumstances, both face-to-face and over the phone, with both customers and colleagues.
- Good commercial understanding and focused on delivering a high-quality service (measured through a range of KPIS).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and organise others into effective team working.
- Ability to assess the work of others, give constructive and accurate feedback, set and monitor performance targets.
- Experience and knowledge of working with IT systems and handheld technology.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at 19 Bennet Road
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 4th December 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Interview Process: TBC
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.