We are an ‘Outstanding’ workplace day nursery for Reading Borough Council, we are situated in the heart of the town in the Councils civic offices. Our busy nursery setting reflects the diverse community of Reading.
We offer great opportunities for professional development within a well-resourced, Early Years environment. We offer 64 full-time equivalent places for children aged between 3 months to 5 years. The nursery has a good reputation across the council and other public sectors. Children attend either full time or part time basis and we are open from 08:00 until 18:00 weekdays.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
We wish to appoint a qualified Nursery Officer to work as part of a team, with a warm caring attitude and infectious enthusiasm and commitment to achieving best practice and improved outcomes for all children. You will be qualified to level 3 in Childcare and Development (or equivalent). A thorough knowledge of how children learn and develop and the ability to plan for the next steps in learning is essential. You will be committed to providing high quality play and learning opportunities, within the framework of the EYFS, and to working in partnership with parents.
- You will need to have a warm and caring attitude.
- You should be creative, dynamic and a good communicator with a flexible approach to your work.
- Applicants should hold a relevant Level 3 qualification in early years or childcare.
- The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of the EYFS and demonstrates a commitment to safeguarding and providing childcare in a non-discriminatory and inclusive manner.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place. Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success.
Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team - work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency - show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious - be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading - maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For further information, or to arrange a visit to the nursery, please contact 0118 937 2509. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th November 2022
Interviews: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.